Thursday, August 18, 2011

So Very Thankful!!!

Every night Shelby and I go through the same routine at bedtime:  bath, brush teeth, read 2 books, potty, cuddle in the rocking chair and sing 3 songs, say our prayers, go to bed.  It has become so routine that I have really forgotten to appreciate this "down time" with her.  Last night, during her prayers, she reminded me that I should give thanks for everything in my life, even these simple, every day occurrences. This was her prayer, "God our Father, Dear Jesus.........(long pause).........thank you for my Elmo panties.  AMEEEEN!"  I was fighting back laughter and tears all at the same time.  I have so much to be thankful for and I don't spend enough time thanking the Lord and praising him for his goodness.  Even for the so called small things like my 2 hour online search for size 2T Elmo panties (with a 30% coupon AND free shipping code) that resulted in my sweet baby's prayer thanking the Lord for them.

I'm going to spend more time thanking the Lord.

1 Chronicles 16:34: O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalms 28:7: The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Last but not least here is a picture of my precious Shelbs. I love her to the moon and back. She is my favorite doll baby of all time!!!



1 comment:

Ireland said...

Shelby is so right, and thank you for posting this. I need to do better about thanking God for all the things, small and large, that I have in my life.

Shelbs is going to be a model; I know it!

You both are AWESOME and ENCOURAGING!